Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Patchwork Love

I am finally getting around to posting about my new aquisition: my super fab, super colourful and super gorgeous Amy Butler patchwork quilt.
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, love.
I have been hankering after such a quilt for the longest time. My original plan was to teach myself to sew and make one myself.

I soon realised, however, that this was NEVER going to happen.

So... I hopped aboard the Etsy train and tracked me down a quilt maker. The lovely Monique (from sew fun by monique) was duly commisssioned to make me my dream quilt, and she took up the challenge like a trooper - including hunting down all of the out-of-print patterns from all over the cybersphere...
I  am so happy with the result. I just love it. It is so bright and cheery and is an absolute feast for the eyes. yum.
 
...and has proved a big hit with the rest of the family as well!
Read Monique's blog post about her "Amy Butler Quilt Quest" here.

No comments: